- Good for you.
- Just keep at it. (When someone shows you their writing, artwork, or any other project they're working on.)
- That sweater doesn’t do you justice.
- You seem much better today (when it was never established that something was wrong).
- It’s good for that style.
- You have a lot of energy.
- “You don’t look a day over 35” (to someone who is clearly much younger – this is a real life incident, in response to wedding photos).
- I wish I was as good as you at saying “No”.
- I was expecting you to be much heavier.
- That’s one of your more becoming hats.
- Well, it’s not the worst idea I've ever heard.
- Your shoes look comfortable.
- "I feel so miserable without you, it's almost like having you here." - Stephen Bishop
- "He can compress the most words into the smallest idea of any man I know." - Abraham Lincoln
- A modest little person, with much to be modest about." - Winston Churchill
Elaine: Me? Oh no, but I'd love to have a baby, I mean, I can't wait to have a baby. I'm just dyin' to have a baby.
Ben: A beautiful woman like you should. You're quite breathtaking.
Elaine: Breathtaking? I'm breathtaking?
(later, after Ben calls the baby "breathtaking")
Elaine: Nobody ever called me breathtaking before.
Jerry: I've never been called breathtaking either.
Elaine: I mean, if he thinks that that baby's breathtaking, then who's not breathtaking?