wide you say youd see me on saterday and your spost to pick me up friday




(1984)
Dear mom and Dad
I miss you and I cry alot at camp I'm home sick please pick me up at 2:00 on friday
I wish you were here rite now Did you get my Letters? I hope the newhamsher house is nice.
See you Soon.
Rachel
wide you say youd see me on saterday and your spost to pick me up friday from to to four.

(I was scared all week, even though I was there with my best friend Heather, and my sister was in another section, so at worst it would have been the three of us.

BTW, this was at Camp Wabasso during the summer after 2nd grade when I was 8. My kindergarten teacher had predicted I'd be a terrible speller. How she got that from looping capital As and Bs I'll never know, but she could not have been more rite. Even 30 years later.)

Comments

  1. B4 cell phones and IM and texting, there were actual letters full of feeling that remains undiminished a quarter of a century later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This KILLS me! I just drove past Camp Wabaso after picking Remi up from art camp. We drove a long route to keep Mael asleep and on the left I saw Lake Blaisdell and a sign for Wabaso. Turns out that it is about 10 minutes from my house. Remember "Triangle Mouth"? This was my one truly terrifying camp experience. My mother also saved my plea letter to come rescue me early.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment