I heard Austin is a really great town
This is advice I've received lately about the blog (sorry, didn't mean for this to be, as Alex puts it, "artsy-confusing, totally incoherent." The first 3 comments were posted prior to this clarification).
1. Post at least once a day.
2. Don't post random thoughts or rough drafts of stuff. Work on each piece until it's a finished essay. Only post every once in a while.
3. Don't talk anymore about sensory integration disorder.
4. Pick a centralized theme and stick to it (motherhood, memoir, music, running, NYC stuff).
5. Read more.
6. Twitter out when you have a new post.
7. Do more to promote it.
8. Don't make yourself sound like an as*hole or a bad mother.
9. Try to get one main point across in every entry (the same point each time, a la Free-Range Kids).
10. Shorter posts.
11. Longer posts.
12. Answer the comments. [Thank you for that! You're completely right. Will try to be better about it.]
13. Alex is not always the zen master you portray him to be.
14. Add more day-to-day narrative.
15. Take out the day-to-day updates and keep it more abstract.
16. Don't give people too much info about yourself -- they'll use it against you.
17. Invite discussion.
18. What actually happened with your job? band? Joe from Bayonne? Sky?
19. Can't tell when you are kidding or serious.
20. Don't listen to what others tell you to do. (Is this a logical fallacy or liar's paradox kind of thing along the lines of: "This statement is false"?)
21. Keep all lists in multiples of 10.
22. Do more newsy-up-to-the-minute blog posts with links to other sites, twitter comments, updates, etc.
23. Add more pictures.
24. The pictures are distracting.
25. Branch out.
26. Narrow the focus.
27. Don't use my real name.
28. Don't be too honest.
29. Move to Texas.