Am I delusional?

I've been getting a series of "You really put yourself out there" noncompliments about my blog. Of course to be fair that is usually preceded by nice stuff. Anyway, the question I have is -- am I delusional? I don't feel like this blog is remotely personal. At least it's nothing I wouldn't say to someone I just met at the Toddler Room or McSorley's Old Ale House. I think I have very odd standards about what is appropriate to discuss. Then again I am the person who suggested Naked Fridays at my first official B&N lunch. Have to say Peter and Jeanette (Director and VP) took it well and put it down for consideration. And what's really scary I guess is the number of things I think about during the day and reject as "too out there" to write about.

Comments

  1. I don't think so. Just because you don't end every sentence with an exclamation point while explaining how you slapped together a bouquet made of trinkets or fondue made of berries doesn't mean you are uber personal. It means you are actually willing to have a REAL conversation.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You do put yourself out there but I believe that's one of the things that make you... awesome. You have to see this as something, not just good, but great. In today's America everyone is so uptight, afraid to say what they really think and feel and it promotes this distorted way of thinking amongst society - one person holds back their true thoughts others tend to hold them back also as a way to protect themselves from being outside the box. But you put yourself out there and live beyond the box; by doing that you allow other people to live or just step out of the box for a little while with you. You’re honest, with yourself and others and you're not afraid of what others think - you invite honesty from them, that may scare some because it's not the norm but for other, like me, it's a breath of fresh air.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'd say that people who think that you are "putting yourself out there" really don't know you all that well. You share tidbits of yourself, and they are delightful tidbits.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment